Costa Rican Red Cabbage and Watercress Slaw
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbs cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- a few dashes of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (optional)
This is a super simple Central American recipe that you can find not only in Central America, but in many Caribbean countries. This recipe is adapted from the Global Vegetarian, which is available in our Amazon store.
- Mix together all ingredients except for the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and pour over the salad and gently mix well.
- Recipe may be doubled.