- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 1 9 inch pie shell, unbaked
This recipe is for a standard custard pie. Custard pie lends it self to may different interpretations. Get you creative juices flowing and use this blank canvas to create something truly wonderful.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put eggs, sugar, salt, nutmeg and vanilla into a food processor or blender.
- Process until sugar is dissolved and eggs lemon colored.
- Remove feeder cap and slowly add milk and continue to process until smooth.
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 30 minutes until Set.
- Cool and serve.