- 2 cups flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbs olive oil
This is an introductory recipe for homemade pasta. We recommend that you purchase a pasta rolling machine, however the old world way is to roll out the pasta with just a rolling pin. Makes 4 servings.
- Place the four in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Add the eggs and oil to the well.
- Using your fingers gently incorporate the eggs, oil and flour together, until thoroughly mixed.
- You may have to add a couple tbs of water to gain the right consistency.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and on a lightly floured surface knead the dough until it is elastic and smooth.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from wrap and roll out into a thin sheet. This is best accomplished by using a pasta machine. However you may do this using a rolling pin.
- Cut pasta into desired shape and let hang to dry for about 20 minutes.
- To cook pasta, add to boiling heavily salted water and cook for about 3 minutes.