Flounder Stuffed with Crab Meat and Shrimp in Marinara Sauce
|4 large flounder fillets|
|1 lb small shrimp|
|1 lb lump crab meat|
|1 small bunch of scallion|
|1 cup of marinara sauce (store brought or homemade)|
|1 rib celery, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup butter, melted|
|1 cup fresh bread crumbs|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs old bay seasoning|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|2 eggs beaten|
|1 tbs paprika|
- In a saute pan heat the olive using medium heat.
- Add the scallions, garlic and celery and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the crab meat and shrimp and gently saute for another minute.
- Season with salt pepper aInnd old bay seasoning.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and bread crumbs and mix well.
- On a cutting board lay out the 4 flounder fillets and place and even amount of the crab and shrimp filling atop each fillet.
- Roll the fillets to cover the filling on each side, and place fillets in a baking dish.
- Pour over marinara sauce.
- Season each roll with salt and pepper and paprika.
- Pour melted butter of each flounder package and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.