- 1 lb ground pork (shoulder works well)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbs cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
Latin America has many variations of chorizo. This is a version that is popular in Cuba. If you like it a little spicier, add some crushed red pepper flakes. Recipe adapted from A Taste of Cuba by Linnette Creen. Available in our Amazon store.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Form into patties and cook.
- If you have a kitchen aid mixer with a sausage attachment, you may also make sausages.