Indian Chai Tea
|8 whole green cardamom pods|
|8 whole cloves|
|5 whole black peppercorns|
|2 3-inch cinnamon sticks|
|1 inch piece of fresh ginger|
|2 cups milk|
|2 cups water|
|4 black tea bags (Darjeeling)|
|1 to 3 tsp sugar or honey to taste|
This is a delicious for making your own homemade Chai. This tea may be served hot or cold.
- Place the cardamom, cloves and peppercorns in a zip lock bag and crush slightly with a rolling pin or heavy skilled.
- Combine the spices, milk and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the tea bags.
- Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Stain into cups using a wire mesh sieve and sweeten with sugar or honey.