- 8 whole green cardamom pods
- 8 whole cloves
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 2 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 4 black tea bags (Darjeeling)
- 1 to 3 tsp sugar or honey to taste
This is a delicious for making your own homemade Chai. This tea may be served hot or cold.
- Place the cardamom, cloves and peppercorns in a zip lock bag and crush slightly with a rolling pin or heavy skilled.
- Combine the spices, milk and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the tea bags.
- Let steep for 10 minutes.
- Stain into cups using a wire mesh sieve and sweeten with sugar or honey.