- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- cut strawberries for garnish
This most beloved Italian ice is very easy to make at home. Italian ice is not a sorbet but a Granita which is a fruit flavored frozen ices. You can substitute lime or grapefruit juice or a mixture of citrus juices.
- In a medium bowl, mix juice, water and sugar.
- Stir until sugar completely dissolves.
- Pour mixture into several cake pans or pie plates.
- Cover with foil and place in the freezer. Freeze until firm.
- Before serving, refrigerate for 30 minutes to soften.