Lime Papaya Sorbet
This is a delicious sorbet that you can make with or without an ice cream machine. It marries the wonderful flavor of fresh papaya with orange and lime juice and a little sugar for an extra kick.
- 2 cups Papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- Lime zest for garnish
- Combine papaya, sugar, orange juice and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer proof pan and freeze for 3 to 4 hours, until almost firm.
- Remove mixture from freezer and break into small chunks.
- Mix in food processor again until almost smooth. Not melts .
- Return to refrigerator and freeze for about 5 hours.