|1 small onion chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 tsp canola oil|
|3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts|
|1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes, drained|
|(10 oz)Mexican crema (available at Latin grocerys and some grocery stores)|
|1/2 cup Mexican style shredded cheese|
|8 (6 inch) flour tortillas|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Poach chicken in water over medium heat until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from water, cool slightly then shred using two forks.
- In a saute pan using medium heat add the oil and, onions and garlic and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, tomatoes and 3/4 cup of the cooking cream and shredded cheese.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a baking dish and top with remaining cooking creme.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until heated through.