|1 can of chicken broth|
|1/3 stick of unsalted butter|
|2 tbs flour|
|1/4 cup milk|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Gravy is a delicious addition to many home cooked meals. Contrary to popular beliefs, it is very easy to prepare. This is a version that takes a few short cuts that will still give you good results. This gravy is wonderful served over mashed potatoes or meat loaf, chicken or turkey dishes. Makes about 1 cup. Just click on our link for mashed potatoes if you are so inclined.
- Using medium heat, melt butter in a sauce pan.
- Add flour and stir for several minutes, until mixture is a golden brown.
- Slowly add in the milk, stirring constantly
- After mixture thickens, slowly add the chicken broth, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When mixture has somewhat reduced and thickens, reduce heat to a simmer.