Chocolate Chiffon Pie
|1 envelope unflavored gelatin|
|1/4 cup cold water|
|2 tbs boiling water|
|4 eggs, separated|
|1 cup chocolate sauce|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust|
This is a no cook pie that is delicious and super simple to prepare.
- Soften gelatin in cold water in a blender of food processor container.
- Add hot water and process until well dissolved.
- Add the egg yolks and chocolate sauce while blending.
- Add salt and vanilla extract and continue to mix until thoroughly blended.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Beat egg whites with rotary beater until foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat until stiff.
- Fold the chilled chocolate mixture into the egg whites.
- Pour into the prepared pie pan and chill until set.