Chocolate Chiffon Pie
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tbs boiling water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup chocolate sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
This is a no cook pie that is delicious and super simple to prepare.
- Soften gelatin in cold water in a blender of food processor container.
- Add hot water and process until well dissolved.
- Add the egg yolks and chocolate sauce while blending.
- Add salt and vanilla extract and continue to mix until thoroughly blended.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Beat egg whites with rotary beater until foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar and beat until stiff.
- Fold the chilled chocolate mixture into the egg whites.
- Pour into the prepared pie pan and chill until set.