Spaghetti with Turkey Meat Sauce
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs sugar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- olive oil for coating
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked aldente
- Add olive oil to a medium hot skillet and add ground turkey. Saute until slightly browned. Drain fat.
- Meanwhile cook 1lb of spaghetti according to package directions.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice, green pepper, onion. garlic and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover and simmer to 10 minutes more.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.