Spaghetti with Turkey Meat Sauce
|1 lb ground turkey|
|1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes|
|1 cup green bell pepper, minced|
|1 cup onion, minced|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 tbs sugar|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|olive oil for coating|
|1 lb spaghetti, cooked aldente|
- Add olive oil to a medium hot skillet and add ground turkey. Saute until slightly browned. Drain fat.
- Meanwhile cook 1lb of spaghetti according to package directions.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice, green pepper, onion. garlic and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover and simmer to 10 minutes more.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.