Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
|1 broiling or frying chicken, washed and cut into 8 pieces (you may purchase a chicken that is already cut into pieces)|
|2 tbs butter, room temperature|
|1 tbs dried thyme|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|4 medium peeled potatoes cut into quarters|
This is a healthy super simple delicious chicken recipe. Fresh lemon juice really brings out the flavor of chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl mix butter with oil, oregano and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Brush chicken on all sides with mixture.
- Arrange chicken with skin side down in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and baste with pan juices, and turn chicken over. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Arrange potatoes on the same baking sheet with the chicken.
- Season the potatoes with thyme, salt and pepper, and bake for another 20 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Arrange on a serving platter and pour drippings all over.