Lemon Rice with Peas
- 1 and 1/2 cups of long grain or jasmine rice
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbs of sliced almonds, toasted
Here is a way to spice up regular rice with a few additions that will go with almost anything.
- In a sauce pan melt butter.
- Cook rice in hot butter and thyme. About 5 minutes until rice is golden.
- Stir in broth, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in peas. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes
- Before serving sprinkle with almonds.