Lemon Rice with Peas
|1 and 1/2 cups of long grain or jasmine rice|
|1/4 tsp dried thyme|
|2 tbs butter|
|1 cup of water|
|1 can of chicken broth|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|3/4 cup frozen peas|
|2 tbs of sliced almonds, toasted|
Here is a way to spice up regular rice with a few additions that will go with almost anything.
- In a sauce pan melt butter.
- Cook rice in hot butter and thyme. About 5 minutes until rice is golden.
- Stir in broth, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stir in peas. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes
- Before serving sprinkle with almonds.