Easy Tomato Sauce
- 1 28 oz can of plum tomatoes
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is super simple delicious version of tomato sauce that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. You can pour it over pasta, serve it over stuffed bell peppers, meat loaf or stuffed cabbage. You may also double this recipe and place some in zip lock bags or 1 pint plastic containers and freeze for later use.
- Add olive to a sauce pan using medium high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add all the other ingredients, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon and simmer for 20 minutes.
- If desired you can add fresh sliced mushrooms or green peppers to the sauce.