Monte Cristo Sandwich
|8 slices white sandwich bread|
|4 slices swiss cheese|
|4 slices cooked ham|
|1 large boneless chicken breast, cut into thin slices|
|2 tbs ground nutmeg|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 tbs unsalted butter, room temperature|
|1/2 cup milk|
|2 tbs strawberry preserves|
|1 cup plain yogurt|
This is a wonderful chicken and ham sandwich with Swiss cheese that is battered and cooked on a griddle. It is delicious along with a savory sweet sauce for dipping.
- Cover each of 4 slices of bread with 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of ham.
- Arrange chicken slices evenly over ham. Sprinkle with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cover each sandwich with a remaining slice of bread.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally.
- Brush griddle or large saute pan with butter, using medium high heat.
- Beat eggs and milk in a shallow pan.
- Dip sandwich halves in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Cook until crispy on both sides.