This is a wonderful chicken and ham sandwich with Swiss cheese that is battered and cooked on a griddle. It is delicious along with a savory sweet sauce for dipping.
- 8 slices of white sandwich bread
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 4 slices of cooked ham
- 1 large chicken breast, boneless, skinless and cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup ground nutmeg
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tbs unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbs strawberry preserves
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Cover each of 4 slices of bread with 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of ham.
- Arrange chicken slices evenly over ham. Sprinkle with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cover each sandwich with a remaining slice of bread.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally.
- Brush griddle or large saute pan with butter, using medium high heat.
- Beat eggs and milk in a shallow pan.
- Dip sandwich halves in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Cook until crispy on both sides.