Mushroom and Spinach Omelet With Cheddar Cheese
|2 cups fresh spinach, blanched, water squeezed out|
|3 tsp unsalted butter, divided|
|1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1 large onion, sliced into rings|
|1/2 lb mushrooms sliced|
|1 dozen extra large eggs, beaten well|
|1/2 tsp nutmeg|
|1/4 cup fresh chives, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste|
This is a delicious omelet that contains spinach, cheese onions and mushrooms.
- Wash spinach and slice into strips if using large leaves or use baby leaves and leave whole. Blanch in hot water for 1 minute. Remove and squeeze out water. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tsp butter in a saute pan using medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove onions and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and saute until browned. Add more butter if necessary.
- Add a tbs of water to loosen bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove mushrooms and keep warm.
- Wipe out saute pan with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until frothy.
- Add eggs to a non stick saute pan using medium heat
- Add nutmeg and chives, spinach and mushrooms, and cheese
- When eggs begin to set fold over and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Slide onto a platter and serve.