Southwest Caesar Salad
|6 anchovy fillets|
|4 tbs green onion tops, minced|
|2 garlic cloves, mashed|
|1 tsp cumin|
|4 tsp Dijon mustard|
|1 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|1 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup canola oil|
|kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste|
|1/2 tsp cayenne pepper ( if you like it spicy use more)|
|1 large bunch of romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces (discard outer leaves)|
|Fresh chive blossoms or fresh oregano leaves|
|Croutons (store brought or home made)|
We have taken classic Caesar salad and turned it on its ear adding some delicious Southwest flavors.
- For the dressing, mash anchovies in a large wooden salad bowl.
- Add the minced green onions, mashed garlic, cumin mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and chili powder.
- Drizzle oils into the bowl, constantly whisking until throughly blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- For the salad, place romaine in a large salad bowl.
- Gradually add the dressing to coat. Gently mix. Leaves should wear a light coating and barely glisten.
- Add croutons.