- 6 anchovy fillets
- 4 tbs green onion tops, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper ( if you like it spicy use more)
- 1 large bunch of romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces (discard outer leaves)
- Fresh chive blossoms or fresh oregano leaves
- Croutons (store brought or home made)
We have taken classic Caesar salad and turned it on its ear adding some delicious Southwest flavors.
- For the dressing, mash anchovies in a large wooden salad bowl.
- Add the minced green onions, mashed garlic, cumin mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and chili powder.
- Drizzle oils into the bowl, constantly whisking until throughly blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- For the salad, place romaine in a large salad bowl.
- Gradually add the dressing to coat. Gently mix. Leaves should wear a light coating and barely glisten.
- Add croutons.