Garlic and Parsley French Fries
- 2 russet potatoes, washed, cut into fries and soaked in cold water to remove some starch
- 2 tbs of parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs of garlic, finely minced or put through a garlic press
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Garlic has long been known as a super health booster curing everything from tooth aches to open wounds. It was also given to the Egyptian slaves to increase physical strength for building the pyramids. Garlic adds wonderful flavor to many savory dishes. The Garlic capital of the U.S. is Gilroy, California where they have a huge garlic festival every July. This year it will be held on July 29, 30, and 31. At this festival every food under the sun is prepared using prodigious amounts of garlic. In Gilroy garlic is referred to as “the stinking rose”. This recipe takes French fries and marries them with garlic and parsley. It is best that you eat these fries with friends as opposed to alone. You can guess why.
- Following instructions for making French Fries Food So Good Mall French Fries Recipe
- As soon as you take the French fries out of the hot oil, place them in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, and toss to mix well.
- Add the garlic and parsley and mix well, making sure all of the fries are covered.
For information on the Gilroy Garlic Festival you may call 408-842-1625 or visit gilroygarlicfestival.com