Sugar Coated Nuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 stick melted butter for spreading on foil
- 1 cup mixed nuts
This a great treat served on many street corners in NYC. Super simple and delicious. They take only about 10 minutes to prepare.
- In a saute pan place 1/4 cup of sugar using medium high heat.
- Cook without stirring till sugar begins to melt, shaking saute pan occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook about 5 minutes more or until sugar is melted and golden, stirring occasionally after sugar begins to melt and bubble.
- Add the nuts and stir until they are well coated.
- Spread a 12 inch piece of aluminum foil with some of the melted butter so nuts will not stick.
- Spread nuts out over foil and allow to cool, and break apart.
- Recipe may be doubled.