- 1 lb of fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup fusilli
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1 and 1/2 tsp sugar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This pasta salad is made with fusilli, asparagus along with the wonderful Asian flavors of soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Trim tough ends for asparagus and cut on a bias into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and place in ice water to preserve color.
- Drain well and pat dry.
- Cook fusilli according to package directions. Drain, rinse and cool.
- Combine the soy sauce, oil and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add the asparagus and fusilli and gently mix.