Asparagus Fusilli Salad
|1 lb of fresh asparagus, trimmed|
|1 cup fusilli|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tbs sesame oil|
|1 and 1/2 tsp sugar|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This pasta salad is made with fusilli, asparagus along with the wonderful Asian flavors of soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Trim tough ends for asparagus and cut on a bias into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and place in ice water to preserve color.
- Drain well and pat dry.
- Cook fusilli according to package directions. Drain, rinse and cool.
- Combine the soy sauce, oil and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add the asparagus and fusilli and gently mix.