Bacon and Tomato Salad
- 2 cups (8 ozs) elbow Macaroni
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 2 tbs grated onion
- 1 tsp capers
- kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
- 2 tomatoes cut into wedges
- 3 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- Roasted or Seamed asparagus, optional
This takes a classic BLT sandwich and turns it into a salad. You may also serve this salad with out the pasta. Just eliminate the mayo and ketchup from the dressing.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain, then cool. Rinse and drain again.
- Combine the macaroni and mayonnaise.
- Blend oil, vinegar, ketchup, onions, capers. salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour seasoned dressing over macaroni mixture. Toss lightly and chill.
- Add bacon pieces before serving and mix well.
- Garnish with tomatoes and hard cooked eggs.