Bacon and Tomato Salad
|2 cups (8 ozs) elbow Macaroni|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|2 tbs red wine vinegar|
|2 tbs ketchup|
|2 tbs grated onion|
|1 tsp capers|
|kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste|
|4 slices of bacon, cooked and diced|
|2 tomatoes cut into wedges|
|3 hard boiled eggs, quartered|
|Roasted or Seamed asparagus, optional|
This takes a classic BLT sandwich and turns it into a salad. You may also serve this salad with out the pasta. Just eliminate the mayo and ketchup from the dressing.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain, then cool. Rinse and drain again.
- Combine the macaroni and mayonnaise.
- Blend oil, vinegar, ketchup, onions, capers. salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour seasoned dressing over macaroni mixture. Toss lightly and chill.
- Add bacon pieces before serving and mix well.
- Garnish with tomatoes and hard cooked eggs.