Baked Ziti with Marinara and Three Cheeses
|1 pound ziti pasta|
|1/2 lb of ricotta cheese|
|4 cups marinara sauce, bottled or homemade|
|2 cups mozzarella cheese|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped|
This baked pasta dish with savory sweet marinara, mozzarella, ricotta and Parmesan.
- Cook the ziti according to package directions.
- In a large sauce pan bring marinara sauce to a boil.
- Remove from heat and reserve 2 cups of sauce and set aside.
- Add the ricotta and cooked ziti to the sauce remaining in the pan.
- Mix well and simmer until ingredients are thoroughly heated through.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased heatproof casserole dish.
- Pour the reserved sauce over the mixture and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Place dish under a hot broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly.