- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tbs water
- 1/2 tbs canola oil
- 1/2 tbs butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
If you follow a few simple rules you can make a perfect omelet every time. Start with a good Non-stick Saute Pan.
- Heat the pan before you put in the oil and butter mixture. When the butter stops foaming add the eggs.
- Use butter with a little canola oil in your saute pan. The oil will keep the butter from burning.
- Have your eggs at room temperature.
- Never put salt in you eggs before cooking, it will make the eggs tough.
- Never use milk in your egg mixture. Only use water. Milk will not blend well with the eggs and this will make your eggs watery.
- Heat the pan on medium high heat
- whisk the eggs in a bowl, add the water then whisk again.
- Place the oil and butter in the pan.
- When the butter stops foaming, re whip the eggs and then add them to the pan.
- When the omelet begins to set, lift the edge with a spatula and allow the wet portion on the top run under the omelet.
- Fillings may be added if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slide the omelet on to the plate, and holding the handle backhand, fold the omelet in half using the pan.
- Recipe may be doubled.