Chicken Pasta Salad with Pineapple Grapes and Cheddar Cheese
|2 cups macaroni shells|
|2 tbs butter|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
|1 lb cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed|
|1 and 1/2 cups pineapple chunks|
|1/4 cup red seedless grapes|
|1/4 cup green seedless grapes|
|1 cup of cubed sharp cheddar cheese (1/8 inch cubes)|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|1/4 cup sour cream|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This chicken salad use pasta shells along with pineapples, grapes and cheddar cheese along with a creamy dressing.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse, drain and cool.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in medium saucepan.
- Add chicken and cook until browned. Cool.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta shells, chicken, and grapes.
- Drain the pineapple chunks and reserve 2 tbs of juice.
- Add the pineapple chunks to the pasta.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 2 tbs of pineapple juice. Pour dressing over the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper and gently mix well.