Chicken Pasta Salad with Pineapple Grapes and Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups macaroni shells
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 lb cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 and 1/2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup red seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup green seedless grapes
- 1 cup of cubed sharp cheddar cheese (1/8 inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This chicken salad use pasta shells along with pineapples, grapes and cheddar cheese along with a creamy dressing.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse, drain and cool.
- Melt butter and brown sugar in medium saucepan.
- Add chicken and cook until browned. Cool.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta shells, chicken, and grapes.
- Drain the pineapple chunks and reserve 2 tbs of juice.
- Add the pineapple chunks to the pasta.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 2 tbs of pineapple juice. Pour dressing over the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper and gently mix well.