Chicken Stir Fry with Snap Peas and Carrots
|3 tsp canola oil|
|1b boneless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces|
|2 garlic cloves minced|
|1 small onion, minced|
|1 package of steam ready carrots, snap peas and water chestnuts (available in the freezer section of your grocery store).|
|3/4 cup chicken broth|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|2 tsp cornstarch|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
Super simple and super delicious. This recipe can be prepared in under 30 minutes. Serve with rice.
- In a wok or a non stick skillet, heat 1 tbs of canola oil using medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook, until lightly browned on all sides. 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In same pan, heat the remaining oil, add the garlic, ginger, onions and vegetables and saute for about 3 minutes until crisp.
- In a small mixing bowl combine broth, soy sauce, and corn starch, stirring to dissolve the corn starch.
- Add chicken and vegetables back to the pan over medium heat.
- Add the corn starch solution and stir until sauce has thickened.