Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coca powder
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
This chocolate ice cream may be made in either an ice cream machine or by using the freezer method.
- In a stainless steel bowl on top of a double broiler, beat the egg yolks and sugar until light and creamy.
- In a small sauce pan scald the milk.
- Stir in the coca powder and mix thoroughly.
- Pour over eggs.
- Place bowl on top of the double boiler over a pan of simmering water.
- Slowly stir constantly for about 10 minutes or until the custard slightly thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cream and vanilla, then cool.
- Pour into an ice cream machine and follow manufacturer directions
- For the freezer method pour prepared mixture into a freeze proof container.
- Cover and place in the freezer and freeze until firm. 3 to 4 hours.
- Using a fork or wooden spoon stir 3 to 4 times while freezing.
- Before serving let soften slightly.