Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- zest from 1 lime
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro plus extra for garnish
- 2 tbs fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp onion powder
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a delicious grilled chicken recipe that sings with garlic, lime and cilantro.
- Grate zest and squeeze the juice from the lime into a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Add cilantro, garlic, onion powder and olive oil.
- Add the chicken breast to the bowl and spoon the marinade over the chicken until well coated.
- Cover the the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat or pre heat an oven broiler. Chicken may also be cooked over charcoal, which we prefer.
- Place chicken on the grill or under the broiler and discard any remaining marinade.
- Cook chicken for about 10 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.