Corn Bread Italian Sausage Stuffing
|1/2 lb of sweet Italian sweet sausage, removed from casing|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup chopped celery|
|1/4 cup green bell pepper, minced|
|3 cups crumbled cornbread|
|2 cups dried croutons|
|2/3 cup chicken broth|
|1 egg slightly beaten|
|1 tsp ground sage|
|1 tsp dried thyme|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
This is a cornbread stuffing that can be used year around. It is great for stuffing chicken breasts, shrimp or other seafood dishes.
- Place sausage in a saute pan and using medium heat, and break up with a wooden spoon and cook until slightly brown.
- Add butter, onion, garlic and green pepper and cook until onion is soft. About 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place pork mixture and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently until mixed well.
- Suff your desired poultry or seafood with the mixture a cook according to recipe directions.
- You may also cook this stuffing separately if desired.