- 1/2 lb of sweet Italian sweet sausage, removed from casing
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 3 cups crumbled cornbread
- 2 cups dried croutons
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
This is a cornbread stuffing that can be used year around. It is great for stuffing chicken breasts, shrimp or other seafood dishes.
- Place sausage in a saute pan and using medium heat, and break up with a wooden spoon and cook until slightly brown.
- Add butter, onion, garlic and green pepper and cook until onion is soft. About 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place pork mixture and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently until mixed well.
- Suff your desired poultry or seafood with the mixture a cook according to recipe directions.
- You may also cook this stuffing separately if desired.