Chicken with Fettuccine and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 8 0z package of fettuccine
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole chicken breast, skinless and cut into thin pieces
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sun- dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 2/3 cup half and half
This recipe uses pre packaged pasta that is readily available at your grocery store. The combination of spinach, fettuccine and sun-dried tomatoes is a flavor explosion.
- In a large sauce pan with boiling water,cook fettuccine according to package directions. No longer than 2 to 3 minutes. Fresh pasta cooks very quickly.
- Drain pasta and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan using medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and leeks and garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes, ham, oregano and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir cornstarch into half and half until dissolved.
- Gradually stir in the mixture in the saute pan.
- Cook and stir over medium high heat until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add pasta to pan and coat with the sauce.