Chicken with Fettuccine and Sun Dried Tomatoes
|1 8 0z package of fettuccine|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 whole chicken breast, skinless and cut into thin pieces|
|1 cup chopped leeks|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup coarsely chopped sun- dried tomatoes, drained|
|1/4 cup finely chopped cooked ham|
|1 tsp oregano|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1 tbs cornstarch|
|2/3 cup half and half|
This recipe uses pre packaged pasta that is readily available at your grocery store. The combination of spinach, fettuccine and sun-dried tomatoes is a flavor explosion.
- In a large sauce pan with boiling water,cook fettuccine according to package directions. No longer than 2 to 3 minutes. Fresh pasta cooks very quickly.
- Drain pasta and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan using medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and leeks and garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes, ham, oregano and broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir cornstarch into half and half until dissolved.
- Gradually stir in the mixture in the saute pan.
- Cook and stir over medium high heat until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add pasta to pan and coat with the sauce.