The Eggs Benedict Grilled Cheese
|3 tbs white wine vinegar|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|8 slices Canadian Bacon|
|4 tbs butter, divided|
|4 English muffins, divided|
|4 tbs Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese spread at room temperature|
|4 slices Wisconsin Gouda cheese|
|4 ozs fresh spinach leaves|
|1 tomato sliced|
This grilled sandwich is served on English muffins along with Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese Spread and Gouda with Canadian bacon and a poached egg.
- Heat 3-4 quarts of water to just below boiling point. Add the vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Gently stir the water and lower heat so water is simmering.
- Crack eggs into the water one at a time and poach gently for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat griddle or skilled over medium heat and fry Canadian bacon until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbs of butter to the skillet.
- Spread each bottom half of English muffins with 1tbs of cheddar cheese spread and place in the saute pan.
- Top each bottom in the pan with 1 slice of Gouda, about 1 oz of spinach, 2 slices of Canadian bacon and 1 slice of tomato.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Remove to a plate and top each with a poached egg.
- Serve open faced with remaining muffin halves, toasted and buttered on the side.