- 1 lb extra large shrimp
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- canola oil for frying
This is a super delicious to serve shrimp. We use extra large shrimp, that are butterflied, coated in flour and cornmeal crust and fried until golden brown. 8 servings.
- Shell and devein the shrimp. leave the tails on.
- With a sharp knife butterfly the shrimp cutting almost in half lengthwise, but not all the way through.
- In a bowl mix the flour cornmeal, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large sauce pan or deep fryer to 360 degrees. About 4 inches of oil.
- Rinse shrimp in water then add the corn meal mixture and coat each shrimp thoroughly.
- Fry shrimp in batches. Do not over crowd pan.
- Cook for about 4 minutes or until golden.
- If shrimp browns too quickly, reduce the heat.
- Serve with tartar or cocktail sauce.