This is delicious grilled cheese sandwiches the uses focaccia, aged Wisconsin Cheddar, cream cheese and Lox along with crunchy dill pickles. Makes 4 sandwiches. Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese.
- Mix capers, scallions and cream cheese, until smooth.
- Spread mixture on one side of the bread slices.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Top bread slices each with a slice of cheddar, 2 ozs of lox and some pickle slices.
- Top each with another bread slice.
- Ad 2 tbs of butter to heated pan and place sandwiches in pan.
- Top each with 1 tbs butter and grill for 3 minutes.
- Flip carefully and grill bread is browned and cheddar melts.