Grilled Cheese with Cheddar Cream Cheese and Salmon
|4 tbs of capers, rinsed and drained|
|4 scallions thinly sliced|
|4 ozs Wisconsin Cream cheese|
|8 slices of focaccia|
|4 slices of Wisconsin aged cheddar|
|8 oz of lox or smoked salmon, thinly sliced|
|2 large dill pickles, sliced|
|6 tbs of butter at room temperature|
- Mix capers, scallions and cream cheese, until smooth.
- Spread mixture on one side of the bread slices.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Top bread slices each with a slice of cheddar, 2 ozs of lox and some pickle slices.
- Top each with another bread slice.
- Ad 2 tbs of butter to heated pan and place sandwiches in pan.
- Top each with 1 tbs butter and grill for 3 minutes.
- Flip carefully and grill bread is browned and cheddar melts.