Grilled Hawaiian Salmon
|1 and 1/2 lbs of wild salmon fillets cut into about 6 (4 oz) fillets.|
|6 ounces of pineapple juice|
|1/2 cup onion, minced|
|1 tsp grated lime zest|
|2 tbs fresh lime juice|
|1 tbs fresh grated ginger|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tsp hot pepper oil|
|1 tsp canola oil|
This is delicious grilled salmon full of Hawaiian island flavors.
- Put all ingredients, except fish, in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add the fish to the marinade a seal the bag. Make sure the fish is coated well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Pre heat a stove top or charcoal grill.
- Remove fish from marinade. Discard the marinade.
- Place the fish skin side down on a large sheet of aluminum foil or place the fish directly on the grill over hot coals.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of fish, until the fish flakes. Turn once during cooking.
- Remove carefully from grill (It is ok if skin comes off as it will be discarded anyway).