Herb Cheese Bread
|3 1/2 cups of flour, divided|
|2 packages of quick rise yeast|
|2 tbs sugar|
|2 tsp rubbed sage|
|2 tsp rosemary|
|1 tsp thyme|
|1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted|
|1 and 1/4 cup warm water|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 cup sharp cheddar cheese chunks|
This is a wonderful bread that if very easy to prepare. It is flavored with rosemary, sage, thyme and sharp cheddar cheese. About 15 servings.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 cups of the flour, the yeast, sugar and herbs. Mix well.
- Add the warm water, melted butter and egg. Make sure the water and butter are warm, not boiling.
- Blend at a slow speed until moistened and then beat at medium speed for about 3 minutes until well combined.
- Stir in the salt and remaining flour by hand to make a stiff dough.
- Add the cheese. Mix.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased glass or ceramic casserole dish.
- Cover the dish and let the dough rise in a warm spot until double in size. About 30 minutes. Take care not to let dough rise over the top of the dish as it will flop over the sides.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, until the crust feels firm and the loaf is browned.