- 3 1/2 cups of flour, divided
- 2 packages of quick rise yeast
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 tsp rubbed sage
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 and 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese chunks
This is a wonderful bread that if very easy to prepare. It is flavored with rosemary, sage, thyme and sharp cheddar cheese. About 15 servings.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 and 1/2 cups of the flour, the yeast, sugar and herbs. Mix well.
- Add the warm water, melted butter and egg. Make sure the water and butter are warm, not boiling.
- Blend at a slow speed until moistened and then beat at medium speed for about 3 minutes until well combined.
- Stir in the salt and remaining flour by hand to make a stiff dough.
- Add the cheese. Mix.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased glass or ceramic casserole dish.
- Cover the dish and let the dough rise in a warm spot until double in size. About 30 minutes. Take care not to let dough rise over the top of the dish as it will flop over the sides.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, until the crust feels firm and the loaf is browned.