Italian Garbanzo Bean Salad
- 1 16 oz can of canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1 small bunch of scallions, sliced into rounds
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Garbanzo beans are otherwise known as chick peas. They absorb flavors well. This is quick and easy salad that you can put together in less than 20 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and gently mix well.
- Taste for seasoning, then cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Before serving mix again.