Japanese Green Tea Ice Cream
|1/4 cup boiling water|
|1 and 1/2 tsp of Japanese green tea leaves|
|2 egg whites|
|1 cup powdered sugar|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 and 1/2 cups whipping cream|
|Dash of green food coloring (optional)|
This is a super refreshing frozen ice that is great served between courses as a palate cleanser.
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over tea leaves. Steep until cold.
- Strain tea liquid through a fine mesh strainer.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks.
- Add sugar, 1 tbs at a time.
- Beat in the egg yolk then the cooled tea.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream to soft peaks. Fold into the tea.
- If desired stir in a few drops of green food coloring.
- Pour into several freezer proof pans, place in freezer and cover until firm.
- Take out of freezer 20 minutes before serving.