Lime Marinated Cornish Game Hens
|6 Cornish game hens|
|2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup fresh lime juice|
|1/4 cup chopped green onion|
|2 tbs parsley, chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, smashed|
|1 tbs grated lime zest|
|1 tsp paprika|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
- Wash hens and pat dry.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place hens in a shallow baking dish and drizzle marinade all over.
- Rub marinade all over each bird. Place some marinade in the cavity’s of each bird as well.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or for as long as over night.
- Remove birds from marinade.
- You may grill over hot charcoal for about an hour, turning and adjusting so birds brown evenly.
- Alternatively you may bake birds in a pre heated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour.