Lobster Mac and Cheese
|1 and 1/2 lbs of lobster meat or large cleaned and deveined shrimp|
|1/2 lb of sharp white cheddar cheese|
|2 cups of small pasta shells or elbow macaroni|
|3 tbs flour|
|3 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tbs butter melted|
|1 cup milk (more if needed)|
|1/4 lb Marscapone cheese|
|1 cup panko bread crumbs|
|2 tbs parsley|
|zest from 1 lemon|
This is a super simple delicious recipe. It marries sweet chunks of lobster with white cheddar and mascarpone cheese. We top this recipe with herb butter infused panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. You may also substitute large shrimp or scallops in this recipe.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain rinse and cool slightly.
- Cook lobster in boiling water until almost done. Remove meat from shell and chop into 1 inch chunks. If using shrimp do the same.
- In a large sauce pan add the butter using medium high heat.
- Add the butter, stirring constantly until mixture is well incorporated. About 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the milk until you have a smooth sauce.
- Add the cheddar cheese and stir in well. If sauce is too thick add in a little more milk.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the parsley lemon zest and panko crumbs. Drizzle with melted butter and mix well.
- Stir the Marscapone cheese into the white cheddar sauce and mix well.
- In a large bowl add the pasta shells and cheese sauce mix well. Shells should be completely covered with sauce.
- Transfer the pasta and sauce into a oven proof baking dish and top with the panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.