Louisiana Creole Sauce
|2 tbs of canola oil|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|1/ cup chopped celery|
|1/4 cup green bell pepper|
|2 tbs chopped pimiento stuffed olives|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 cup canned chopped tomatoes, drained|
|3/4 cup chicken broth|
|1/2 cup tomato paste|
|1/4 tsp sugar|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4 tsp dried thyme|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1 bay leaf|
This is a delicious Creole sauce that can be used with chicken, pork or seafood.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper, olive and garlic.
- Cook until onions are golden, stirring frequently. About 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until the mixture boils.
- Reduce heat and cook until sauce is slightly thick, about 10 minutes.