Louisiana Creole Sauce
- 2 tbs of canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/ cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper
- 2 tbs chopped pimiento stuffed olives
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
This is a delicious Creole sauce that can be used with chicken, pork or seafood.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, green pepper, olive and garlic.
- Cook until onions are golden, stirring frequently. About 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until the mixture boils.
- Reduce heat and cook until sauce is slightly thick, about 10 minutes.