- 2 cups of corn kernels, fresh, frozen or canned
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup scallions, cut into thin rounds
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs canola oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
This is a super healthy delicious Mexican salad with corn, tomatoes and scallions, flavored with cilantro and cumin. It can be prepared in about 15 minutes. Serves 4.
- In a large non reactive bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, scallions and bell pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, cilantro oil and vinegar.
- Add dressing to the corn mixture and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Chill if desired and serve.