Mexican Corn Salad
|2 cups of corn kernels, fresh, frozen or canned|
|2 cups diced tomatoes|
|1/4 cup scallions, cut into thin rounds|
|1 red onion, diced|
|1 red bell pepper, diced|
|1 tbs ground cumin|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|1 tbs red wine vinegar|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
This is a super healthy delicious Mexican salad with corn, tomatoes and scallions, flavored with cilantro and cumin. It can be prepared in about 15 minutes. Serves 4.
- In a large non reactive bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes, scallions and bell pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, cilantro oil and vinegar.
- Add dressing to the corn mixture and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Chill if desired and serve.