Molasses and Beer Cornbread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 and 1/4 cups beer
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 3 tbs canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
This is an old time southern recipe that has been lost over time except with the real southern cooks. It is satisfying and delicious.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease generously a 6 cup bundt cake pan or a 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- Beat all ingredients in a mixing bowl of with an electric hand held mixer on low speed until well blended.
- Beat for another 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until a wooden tooth pick inserted in the center come out clean. About 45 minutes.
- Cool corn bread for 10 minutes, then remove from pan.