Molasses and Beer Cornbread
|2 cups flour|
|1 and 1/4 cups beer|
|1 cup cornmeal|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup dark molasses|
|3 tbs canola oil|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 tsp baking soda|
This is an old time southern recipe that has been lost over time except with the real southern cooks. It is satisfying and delicious.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease generously a 6 cup bundt cake pan or a 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- Beat all ingredients in a mixing bowl of with an electric hand held mixer on low speed until well blended.
- Beat for another 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until a wooden tooth pick inserted in the center come out clean. About 45 minutes.
- Cool corn bread for 10 minutes, then remove from pan.