Mussels with Pineapple Red Curry
|1 lb of fresh mussels, cleaned and cooked|
|1 can of coconut milk|
|1 8 oz can of crushed pineapple|
|3 tbs of red curry paste|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup fish sauce|
|2 tbs fresh lime juice|
|1 tbs sugar|
|2 tbs of fresh basil, chopped|
|2 cups jasmine rice, cooked|
These mussels are absolutely delicious in this red curry sauce made with coconut milk,pineapple, red curry paste and fish sauce.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Place mussels in a large sauce pan with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- As soon as mussels open drain the pan and remove the mussels from their shells and set aside.
- In another sauce pan add the coconut milk, pineapple, red curry paste, garlic, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
- Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Add mussels and let stand for 2 or 3 minutes
- Serve in a bowl over jasmine rice.