Old Fashioned Southern Green Beans
|1 lb of green beans, trimmed|
|4 slices of thick sliced bacon, diced|
|1 large onion, minced or grated|
|4 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 quart chicken stock|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a classic recipe for old fashioned green beans. The green beans are cooked slowly with chicken stock, bacon, garlic and onions.
- Wash and trim the green beans.
- In a large sauce pan add the dice bacon and cook, stirring frequently until almost crispy.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes until slightly soft.
- Add the green beans to the pan and then add the chicken stock to cover.
- Add water if need to insure that the green beans are completely covered by liquid.
- Cook using medium heat for 1 hour.