Sauteed Button Mushrooms with White Wine & Herbs
- 1lb of button mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 to 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 to 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
The is a super simple way to turn the lowly button mushroom into a flavor explosion. Super simple and perfect served as a side dish for roasted chicken, beef or pork.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Cut mushrooms in half.
- Add olive oil to a large saute pan using medium heat.
- Add the garlic, shallots, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the thyme rosemary and the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are almost tender.
- Add the white wine and reduce by half.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add mushrooms and sauce to a large bowl for service.