Sauteed Button Mushrooms with White Wine & Herbs
|1lb of button mushrooms|
|4 cloves garlic, crushed|
|2 shallots, minced|
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup dry white wine|
|2 to 3 sprigs of fresh thyme|
|2 to 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
The is a super simple way to turn the lowly button mushroom into a flavor explosion. Super simple and perfect served as a side dish for roasted chicken, beef or pork.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Cut mushrooms in half.
- Add olive oil to a large saute pan using medium heat.
- Add the garlic, shallots, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the thyme rosemary and the mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are almost tender.
- Add the white wine and reduce by half.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add mushrooms and sauce to a large bowl for service.