Shrimp with Creamy Gravy and Rice
|1 lb of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|2 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|3 scallions. sliced into rings|
|1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1 clove garlic, chopped|
|1 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried|
|3 tbs bacon drippings|
|2 tbs flour|
|1 cup chicken stock|
|1 small bunch chopped parsley|
This is a wonderful southern spin with plump juicy shrimp with creamy gravy and rice.
- Combine shrimp, lemon juice, cayenne pepper in a non- reactive bowl and set aside.
- Add bacon drippings or canola oil to a saute pan and add onion, garlic and peppers.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, sprinkle flour over, stir constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and chicken stock and cook, stirring constantly until sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve over rice.