Shrimp with Creamy Gravy and Rice
- 1 lb of medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 scallions. sliced into rings
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- 3 tbs bacon drippings
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 small bunch chopped parsley
This is a wonderful southern spin with plump juicy shrimp with creamy gravy and rice.
- Combine shrimp, lemon juice, cayenne pepper in a non- reactive bowl and set aside.
- Add bacon drippings or canola oil to a saute pan and add onion, garlic and peppers.
- Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, sprinkle flour over, stir constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and chicken stock and cook, stirring constantly until sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve over rice.