Spicy Watercress Sauce
|1 large bunch of watercress, leaves and stems
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
|1 shallot or 1/2 small onion
|Juice of lemon
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Watercress has a spicy peppery flavor. This is a sauce that is perfect draped over poultry.
- Roughly chop watercres, and mince the garlic and onion.
- Add to the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Process and slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve as a sauce for drizzling or dipping.