Strawberry Ice Cream
|1 14oz can of strawberries in heavy syrup|
|juice of 1/2 lemon|
|1 and 1/2 cups of whipping cream|
|1 pint of fresh strawberries, chopped|
This frozen strawberry cream is super sweet and easy to prepare. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- In a food processor or blender, process the strawberries, syrup and lemon juice into a smooth puree.
- In a bowl, whip the cream into soft peaks.
- Fold in the strawberry puree.
- Chop the fresh strawberries and add to the puree.
- Pour the mixture into the canister of an ice cream machine and follow the manufacturers directions.
- For the freezer method, pour mixture into several freezer proof containers and place in freezer.
- Freeze into firm.
- Using a fork or a spoon mix the mixture several times while freezing.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries.