10 Quick and Easy Appetizer Ideas
Here are some ideas that you can use to prepare appetizers for a small or large party.
- Marinate cooked shrimp in Italian salad dressing for several hours. Drain and arrange on a bed of greens with a selection of olives.
- Spread thin ham slices with cream cheese. Roll up and chill. Cut into 1 and 1/2 inch pieces.
- Marinate fresh mushroom caps and artichoke hearts in Caesar dressing for several hours. Drain and serve on tooth picks.
- Spread thin slices of French bread with soft butter and top with shredded mozzarella or a cheese of your choice. Place in oven and heat until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Combined flaked crab meat with with enough mayonnaise to moisten. Season lightly with curry powder. Serve as a spread on crusty bread or crackers.
- Serve melon balls, pineapple chunks and apple wedges with a cheese dip or chutney on crackers.
- Mix prepared chutney with softened creamed cheese and serve with crusty bread or crackers.
- Stuff large mushroom caps with whipped cream cheese, blended with bacon and horseradish, chives and onions.
- Simmer cocktail sausages, ham or luncheon meat cubes in barbecue sauce. Keep warm in chafing dish or over warmer.
- Saute shrimp or scallops in butter. Season with fresh dill. Season with salt and pepper. Serve in chafing dish or over warmer.