- 4 small tins of anchovies packed in olive oil, with oil reserved
- 2 tbs capers, drained and chopped
- 1 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tbs fresh parsley chopped
- French baguette
- olive oil for brushing bread
- Remove anchovies from the tins, reserving the oil.
- Drain and rinse the capers, chop and add to the bowl.
- Add parsley to the bowl, and anchovies to the bowl.
- Season with fresh cracked black pepper.
- Mix well and allow to stand while you are toasting the baguette.
- Slice the baguette into1 inch slices and toast under the broiler until golden brown
- Add a spoon full of the mixture to the toasted baguette slices, with the whole anchovies on top.